Saturday 6 October 2012

Progress


So I decided to read 'Sea of Ghosts' a great book by Alan Campbell. While I was reading this book I started to gather descriptions of characters, weapons, interesting scenes etc. This then formed the foundations for my project as my aim is design various parts of the book to show I can illustrate and design following a description while also using creativity to come up with interesting designs.

 After reading the book and compiling the reference document from the book I began creating my project plan deciding on what exactly I will be doing for my Honours project, and also working out a time schedule to help plan and organise myself. I quickly began to realise that I needed to cut my outcomes in half as I had set myself far too much to achieve over the two semesters, so things had to be cut down and shifted around. I’m fairly confident that I’ll be able to get the work done in time, but I need to get good start as soon as possible and keep up the momentum.There was one more factor in my schedule I had to account for, printing my work into a book to display the concept art. This is a problem because most online book printers needed around 10 business days to deliver, so I have had to shift the schedule around again and account for getting the book put together and ready to be sent so that I will get it by the deadlines.

If all things go to plan, my next post will be showing mood boards and thumbnail sketches for possible character designs... looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment