Monday 22 October 2012

Dragon ideas continued


After drawing the initial black and white ideas I wanted to move on and develop some closer studies and ideas for dragons, I really enjoyed this approach and I think it worked really well to get the idea across on how the rest of the dragon will look. Combining this with my previous sketches I have a perfect starting point to work on the final design for the dragon. My favorite design is number one because of the chunkiness of the neck and head, I like how the snout isn’t long but really short with a large lower jaw that you can imagine has tremendous strength and biting power. Another part of the design I really like is the battle scars, as this dragon is meant to be an old, ancient dragon I would presume it’s been hunted in in the past, or possibly had fights with other dragons so I wanted to really show its age and power with battles scars. One idea I came across was having the dragon being able to breathe and land and under water, because the dragon’s lair is underwater I would presume it could either hold its breath for a long time or can actually breathe underwater so I started to add gills to the design such as in number 4. I will mostly likely take design 1 further although I will use different elements and ideas from the other thumbnails and concepts I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment