Monday 24 September 2012

A change of plan!


After speaking to the tutors today in our second lecture I was advised that i shouldn’t be thinking of a game idea (That's a game designers job) .. As that just wouldn’t happen in the games industry for a concept artist. Which i did think of in my previous blog post, but because I was working alone i just presumed i would have to do this for the project. 

So I sat down with Mark penman that teaches all the 2D work, and started talking about different interesting books that i could use as a starting point for my project. He also went on to show me a blog of an artist who is also reading a book and designing the characters and the world etc as a personal project, this is exactly what I want to do. The next task was finding a book that would cover all the different areas of concept art, and something that would be interesting enough and readable in the amount of time I have.This way it will show of my concept art design skills, sticking to written descriptions like it would be in the industry.

Here are a few books my tutor told me about:
  • Player of games
  • Use of weapons
  • Sea of ghosts
And this is the link for the blog by Justin Oaksford which is very interesting.
-http://www.justinoaksford.com/

 Although all these books are very interested i was most fond of the idea and story of 'Sea of ghosts' 
After purchasing the book i plan to read though, taking notes of character descriptions, names etc and use these descriptions to start designing these characters, environments etc.

It’s been a while since I’ve read a book.. So I best get busy and get this book read so I can finalise my project plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment