Sunday 4 November 2012

'The Mistress' Thumbnail set 1



Here are a few initial thumbnail concepts, I’m not sure if I like a much chunkier and compact boat like concept 1 and 6 or if I like the longer design like in 2 and 3. One part of the designs I particularly like is having the control room at the rear of the ship instead of the centre or at the front, this leaves more room for cranes, the bathysphere and other equipment. I’m finding it a little difficult to say I like one design at the moment as I’m having trouble trying to visualise the whole ship in 3d space and how it will function and what goes where, also the scale of things. Next ill either do some more thumbnails or jump straight into 3d and block out some quick parts, such as different ships bases, the crane etc and make a few different ships using the mood board and these thumbnails as inspiration, this way I can quickly bash different parts together or remove and change components to come up with the design I like the most in 3d space making it easy to visualise the final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment