Saturday 3 November 2012

'The Mistress' Referances

I’m now moving onto designing the boat that is in the scene called 'The Mistress'. In the book I get the idea that the book isn’t a pristine fancy boat but more something that serves purely to collect trove (Treasure) from the bottom of the ocean. It does this by lowering a large metal cylinder called a Bathysphere using a crane to the ocean floor where deep sea divers can go and find trove. The boat is also heavily equipped with cannons which I can image rotate 360 degrees on the boats deck for full manoeuvrability to face the dragon when it comes into the story. Here are the references I have gathered to try and inspire my designs and come up with some thumbnails ready to create a basic 3d model to paint over. I mostly looked at war steamboats and large oil boats; I also looked at cranes and other various images that would help me in my process.

No comments:

Post a Comment